26 December, 2013

Christmas Book Joy



We got some goodies this year!! Above are the books I received. I am thrilled about them all. :o)
Nightingale Wood by Stella Gibbons
Quiet by Susan Cain
The Good Man Jesus and The Scoundrel Christ by Philip Pullman
Code Name Verity by  Elizabeth Wein
Miss Dahl's Voluptuous Delights by Sophie Dahl
The New Annotated Sense and Sensibility
Barefoot Contessa Foolproof by Ina Garten 


And these are the books my daughter received for Christmas. There are some excellent goodies she cannot wait to read in that pile! 
My Story: Wartime Princess by Valerie Wilding
My Story: Cadogan Square by Carol Drinkwater
The Whole Set of The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis
The Nurse Matilda Trilogy by Christinanna Brand
And The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Royal Britain by Charles Phillips


1 comment:

Kirk said...

Looking forward to your review(on a certain local bookclub page!!!) of the Annotated S&S. I'm finally reading David M Shapard's " ". So far, not much new. I loved his P&P and Emma comments.